I apologize for having been away for a few weeks longer than usual. I had some personal issues to deal with which kept me off the camera. Here now is the sixth installment of my question-and-answer video show, where I take up questions subscribers and commenters have asked me in my videos and answer them as best I can. Questions in this video:
(1) You talked about what parts of Co$ would need to go and you talked about Xenu in this episode (Critical Q&A #1). I just wondered if you think the Scientology genesis myth would also need to go. Because, among all the atrocities the “church” commits I find that story mostly harmless (ironically) and even kinda cute. As far as genesis myths go it’s not even in bad company. All of those are kinda out there.
(2) One thought has occurred to me as I watch your and others’ videos. “Scientologists” are referred to often without distinguishing whether they’re public Scientologists or Sea Org members. Clearing this up is most helpful to those of us who were never in Scientology and have learned the culture from the internet. For example, as you answer the question about being trolled, it would be interesting to know whether they’re Sea Org directed by their superiors, if they’re public members that feel the need to engage you even though they’re not supposed to read entheta on the internet, or if they’re ‘hired guns’ like the PI’s and lawyers they use to go after apostates. It’s possible you don’t know, but it would be interesting to have your opinion.
(3) Hello there. Is there a difference between the treatment of Sea Org, staff, and just general members.
(4) I think this is a major thought of most of us who follow you & others. We now know that they have $1 billion, we can estimate that they have about 30,000 active members in the USA. Surely these 30,000 excluding the whales are going bust, so how long before Scientology hits terminal decline? As a business model they cannot survive, their costs will only ever increase whilst more & more blow the exit rate can only become more rapid. The financial decline can only accelerate at an alarming pace as Miscavage has to keep up his fake front at huge cost. Many thanks & best wishes.
(5) At 12:34 on the Xenu story, you state that it was “spiritual selfs” or “thetans” in Scientologese, not aliens, that were transported to earth. In Scientology it’s stated that the thetan has “No mass, no wavelength and no location”. Ehm, how do you get something with no mass or location into an ice cube to put into a plane to drop into a volcano. Also, were there refreshments on the flight, maybe something salty to go along with the alcohol and glycol?
(6) I have not yet watched “going clear”, but have watched the BBC documentary, some of your videos, David Mango’s videos, etc. What I still simply do not understand is what the “wins” are, and what the positives and successes are that hook people. Clearly there must be some, as the “tech” does seeminly win over intelligent and accomplished people. I really need to understand, as I suspect that we are all at risk. It seems that it must be some incredible and impressive gains to cajole people into accepting the extortion and manipulation. Thank you so much for your candor.
(7) Hi Chris. I am wondering about the history of forced abortions and the Sea Org’s “No pregnancy/children” policy. This seems to contradict the twisted logic of the cherch. I would think that they would overwhelmingly welcome, in a ghoulish sort of way, members who wwre born onto the cherch and were under the cherch’s power from day one. Is there some purpose behind the policy as it stands now or is this just another illogical f**k-up by these idiots?