The ninth installment of my question-and-answer video show, where I take up questions subscribers and commenters have asked me in my videos and answer them as best I can. Questions in this video are:
(1) After all these years of ex-members coming forward with their own horror stories, I would like to know why the government has not stepped in to investigate this criminal organization. Do you have any insight into why and how they are still allowed to abuse it’s members?
(2) I have read about a dozen LRH books on Scientology from the early 50s such as Scientology: A History of Man and Have You Lived before this Life? and I’ve done videos making fun of them because each book is spectacularly stupid. Did you read any of them when you were a Scientologist and if so, how did you avoid seeing the idiocy his books exude on every page?
(3) Is it true that you were a member of the Church of Scientology for 27 years?
(4) Hi Chris, thanks for the excellent videos and for being so balanced and grounded. Question: Do you have any idea, experience or evidence as to the involvement of the intelligence community in Scientology? What about the fact that the FBI has never really done much about the organization, using the excuse that they cannot do much about a religious organization, while they bulldozer other small religious communities? Much bruhaha has been made about the fact that David Miscavige is on a CIA informant list, which may be real or not. Some people have suspected that Hubbard was a sheep-dipped Naval Intelligence officer and that Scientology is a social experiment. What is your take?
(5) Hey Chris, what is your opinion on OBE’s and past life experiences? I have/had both with me and some of my pc’s. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
(6) I’m curious to know how you and other ex-Sea Org members go about finding work when you get out? It must be especially hard for folks who have been in for many years. Not only do you have to re-examine and redefine yourself and your beliefs (I can’t imagine how much of a mind-fuck that must be), but you’re going from a situation where your living expenses were paid for in exchange for your servitude, to having to provide for yourself in the real world. How do you go about writing a resume or filling out a job application when you spent the last 17 years in a cult?
After so many years in Scientology, what difficulties did you face, if any, transitioning to a non-Scientology life?
(7) Chris, how long does Scientology have left, in your opinion? Will they survive this scrutiny?
Do you think Miscavige even sees the Church existing after he’s gone? Could he imagine anyone else in control?
(8) Hi, Chris. Since leaving the Church of Scientology, have you pursued psychiatry? Without naming names, in general what do former Scientologists’ think of psychology, since the church deems it evil?