The weekly show where I answer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) I’ve seen Freedom magazines and Scientology pamphlets being given out and I’m curious as to who pays for them? I can think of two possibilities:
a. Scientologists being expected to buy them (at steep markups) or face being accused of not helping clear the planet.
b. Each Org having to buy a certain amount each month and then having to sell more services to make up the costs.
Were you ever asked to pay for these when you were in Scientology?
(2) I understand your position on the label of atheist. I am an agnostic atheist. I don’t know nor do I believe. I’m not militant at all and only speak out against harmful beliefs and ideas. I would like to hear your viewpoint on Mormonism and the recent rule changes on gay members and the 30+ suicides in Utah since the rule changes. Married same-sex couples’ children aren’t allowed to join the church until they are 18 and denounce their parent or parents lifestyle.
(3) Apparently there are a couple of “missions” here in Toronto as well as the Org (the Org has been empty for a few years now awaiting renovation – temporary housing is in a couple of offices downtown). I looked on Google Earth to find these missions and I saw 1) a house and 2) a nondescript building – both had no signs saying “Scientology is here”. What do these missions do?
(4) How did L. Ron Hubbard handle the claim that Dianetics was a “science”? What is the definition of science by L. Ron Hubbard vs the one in the scientific field?
(5) Chris, why are females in the Sea Org referred to as “Mr” instead of “Miss” or “Mrs”?
(6) Hey Chris, big fan of your Q&A. I have a question. Are people in the RPF ever seen by public scientologists? Like do they know about the awful conditions that Sea Org members are put through? Thank you for posting. Looking forward to picking up your book and I wish you the best.
(7) Did you come across Chick Correa within Scientology? I believe the great bassist Stanley Clarke was involved as well…
(8) How high up The Bridge did your parents get?