The weekly show where I answer questions posed by readers in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent in by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) My questions have to do with your thoughts on the Independent Scientology movement. You probably need to know most of my knowledge of this comes from YouTube videos, and a few books on the subject, not exactly representative but all I have available. In many of them, the independent scientologists seem to be saying that Hubbard’s Scientology is valid and that Miscavige has perverted it. Does this mean that they still believe in fair game, no psychologists, disconnecting, SPs, policies on homosexuality, mind control etc? Someone said this was just an evolutionary process and that in the future, they will change. Has that happened? Why does no one confront them about these questions? Again I didn’t want to betray my ignorance because I can hardly get a good picture from my limited media. Is there any worry that some of the people who enjoyed power might want to recreate it in Independent Scientology? Ok sorry that was an earful. I don’t want to sound judgmental about people I don’t know but this kind of thing has historically been frequent. Thanks for your time.
(2) Nice work on the channel. Having been involved with Scientology for over 30 years myself I do respect the work you are doing. I am interested in learning critical thinking skills. What’s out there that you recommend?
(3) Back when I was in the fold in the 1970’s writing to Ron was encouraged. I wrote him a letter or two and received a nice enough response reasonably soon. Do you know if LRH ever wrote or signed off on any of these letters or did he ever even see any of these letters? I am guessing “No, he did not”, but what is your take?
(4) Hey Chris. Thanks for the great channel! I have a very simple question – why do Scientologist need their own E-meters? Are they auditing themselves and friends and neighbors at home? I’ve been wondering about this for awhile, as I know selling expensive E-meters to Scientologists is part of the scam.
(5) I’ve been reading your book and one of the questions I’ve been wondering about is why the CoS keeps the location of Gold Base (Int Management) secret from its members. Not that the CoS does the logical thing much, but it seems unnecessary to me. it would be like the Catholic Church trying to keep the location of the Vatican secret. Why bother?
(6) I used to work in sales for cars and for various energy companies. A common thread was that we used a program called SalesForce. It measured basic statistics about sales, size of commission, etc. The way you describe Scientology cold calling and other techniques basically sound like your run of the mill sales organization. Did you or others ever use that program? Or did you guys just keep track of all your own “stats” without computer software?
(7) Do you think Tom Cruise will ever wake up and leave the church?
(8) What are your thoughts on “fad diets”?
(9) My mother just mentioned to me that “Scientologists can’t do scents” and said that John Travolta requires any hotel room be free of scent for 24 hours. Is this just a specific celebrity being weird or is there LRH policy on this?