The weekly show where I answer your questions from the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week the questions I take up are:
(1) I would love to hear your thoughts about Captain Bill Robertson, his breakaway “Ron’s Org,” and the Marcabian Conspiracy storyline. As you know, Bill took his narrative directly from LRH’s claims about aliens from Marcab (Xenu’s civilization) controlling the Earth, and spun it into a plot about these beings having worked with the CIA to infiltrate Scientology, resulting in the early 1980s Stalinist Purge which pushed out Bill, David Mayo, and others. Nancy Many describes how she fell under the spell of Bill’s storyline during her own meltdown, and Jon Atack tells fascinating tales about this as well, including descriptions of Bill’s method for contacting “Elron Elray” and so on (I dare you to comment on the corn cob!). Anyway, ridiculous as this may sound, the story Bill created lives on in modern Illuminati conspiracy literature (just substitute “The Jews” for “The Marcabians”) and Ron’s Org continues to exist, especially in Russia. What do you have to say about all this?
(2) This comment concerns Laura Prepon, and the most recent series of OITNB. Don’t read this if you don’t want spoilers. As you have commented on previously, the actress Laura Prepon has defended CoS against allegations of of homophobia (which we know to be true), and is currently portraying a homosexual character in Orange is the New Black. In the most recent series, aired a few days ago, some other characters in this show made openly critical remarks about the CoS. As of the end of the series, Prepon’s character isn’t set to go anywhere, so can you shed any light on what the CoS might think of this? Did they know beforehand and allowed her to continue filming with these SP/PTS’s, or might she be in trouble for appearing in this program?
(3) Chris, do you think hardcore atheism can be a cult? Many New Atheists hold unscientific views, such as blaming religion for all the world’s problems, as Scientologists do with psychiatrists. There have been cases, such as the 2013 murder of British soldier Lee Rigby, in which the perpetrators recorded themselves on camera specifically blaming UK foreign policy for what they were about to do, yet New Atheists still blame religion. Some New Atheists, such as Kate Smurthwaite, dismiss all religious people as “idiots,” the same way Scientologists are dismissive of “wogs”. They want to “clear the planet” by spreading atheism to religious people, believing this will make the world a better place. Many exist within their own echo chambers, only watching YouTube videos and reading books which reinforce their beliefs and contribute to their confirmation biases. The result is groups of extreme atheists who are highly hostile to outside groups, arrogant and lacking empathy, believing that they alone have a monopoly on logic and reason, unable to understand that their religious counterparts may also be rational people who have merely come to a different conclusion.
(4) Did you read all of Hubbard’s writings or know of anyone who did? I also wonder if any Scientologists ever stop and think: “What the heck have I got myself into?”
(5) In a recent Q&A video you said management was not interested in expanding churches when you found a way to successfully accomplish targets for one org. Why not? If they could expand orgs, wouldn’t they make more money and expand the cult? Why wouldn’t they want to expand the cult in reality instead of just claiming to? Great video, by the way. Love them. Keep up the good work.
(6) Love the channel. You make things simple enough to understand. Are dictionaries allowed in the “church”?
(7) Dear Chris, did you ever go to the Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Museum when you were in the Sea Org?
(8) Are any people in touch with you, or with other campaigners like Tony Ortega, while they are still members? Do you and others get information from disgruntled insiders? (Not asking for specific details here, of course, I’m sure OSA is watching.)