The show where I answer viewer questions from comments in my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) I notice people talk about the Scientology community in Clearwater and Los Angeles. How is the community in NYC and Chicago? The reason I ask is because nobody ever mentions those two major cities in America. The org in NYC is huge and the one in Chicago is like hole in wall that’s falling apart.
(2) When in the Sea Org, do members continue to do auditing and courses? Or must one first get to OT VIII before joining? If they continue with the auditing and coursework, how do they find the time when they are expected to work very long hours in their job position?
(3) I’m very curious as to your thoughts on companies and cult-like behaviour. A few years ago I worked for an organisation which had some cult-like tendencies and one of the biggest things that has helped me is actually watching ex-Scientology videos to help me understand my feelings about that company.
(4) Chris, what is the educational level of Scientologists? Those who have trained in science & engineering seem to be absent from active or former members. Not to bash on anyone’s education, you don’t need a degree to be smart and you can certainly be foolish even if you have one, but being educated in the scientific method seems to be a pretty efficient antidote to Hubbards brand of BS.
(5) I know someone who joined Scientology as a joke, but actually wound up buying into this stuff legitimately. He’s out now but was in for twelve years and ended up losing a lot of friends and a lot of money. My question is: How many people do you think join $cientology thinking they won’t get in too deep, but actually do? Do they have different indoctrination techniques for different kinds of people?
(6) Do you yourself have any family inside the Church who have had to disconnect from you?
(7) Did you get a graduation ceremony when you entered the Sea Org or when you finished the 3 year slave rehabilitation camp (RPF)?
(8) I’m really curious what a marriage ceremony would look in Scientology. What kind of vows, traditions, etc are used, and did Hubbard just make it all up or is it based on some pre-existing customs?