The weekly show where I answer viewer questions which are left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) Chris, in a recent video you made brief mention of INCOMM, which is apparently the Church’s special unit for dealing with computers. In following up on this, very little information is available on this mysterious group, other than survivor stories about a 1995 crackdown wherein INCOMM members were put through a special kind of hell over a leak to ARS of internal Sea Org emails. Can you explain what went on with this episode, as well give us more information about the history and current state of INCOMM?
(2) Why do Scientologists have the idea the word ‘bigot’ could serve as a weapon or offend anybody? For me it is really ridiculous to hear Scientologists using the word bigot as a “Wonder Weapon” to repulse their “enemies”. Is it just because I am German?
(3) How would you respond to someone who tried to accuse you of not thinking critically when applying the term “cult”?
(4) I very much appreciated the description of how Miscavige manages to get his followers to revere him unquestioningly. Did Hubbard or Miscavige ever want to be thought of as a father of the followers? Cult leaders often hijack father/child psychology as a means of control. You see god being called father in monotheistic religions, and there is usually a father figure, or literally a father, who rules over the other gods in polytheistic ones.
(5) I would prefer to not give any business to professionals (dentists, chiropractors, etc.) who employ Scientology “business tech”. Are there any things that a consumer can be on the lookout for? What are signs that your employer is using Scientology “business tech”?
(6) Why do some Sea Org members wear a chain on the front of their uniforms? Does it have any significance?
(7) What is your opinion on the Westboro Baptist Church as a destructive cult? Do they fit into the different criteria for that label, and how? Also, have you seen any really accurate fictional depictions of cults?
(8) Mind control groups use similar techniques to embed themselves in peoples’ heads. Do group founders study the teachings of other cult leaders to mimic what worked for them, are they naturally inclined to operate within a similar, sinister manner since most have either severe, untreated mental illnesses or personality disorders?