The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comment section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) It seems as though Tom Cruise has been on OTVII forever. Do you think that David Miscavige has been deliberately keeping him on this level to ensure that he will always have something to aspire to in Scientology in order to retain his ongoing interest and motivation? Do you think that DM is using a form of manipulation by holding a carrot that is just out of reach?
On that subject, what happens to people after they have achieved OTVIII? With no higher level to achieve, how does the church keep them involved and make them an ongoing source of revenue?
Love both your channels. Thank you.
(2) Chris, I am so surprised that being aware that fragrant chemicals can be harmful that L. Ron Hubbard did not recognize tobacco, nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine as drugs. He was against aspirin but not against cigarettes, smoke everywhere, or alcohol, etc. It seems he was too self absorbed to be able to transfer his personal lesson with fragrance to transfer to courtesy to others’ sensitivity to smoke or knowledge of other things that could be considered a drug, such as nicotine and alcohol. Certainly it was not just about addiction, as cigarettes were clearly addictive. Being addictive to anything would seem to be a sign one’s power is not all his own, under his/her total control. I am also surprised he had no idea about good nutrition, but was adamant about being against drugs. I am left thinking he created policies when he needed a cause to rally people around, because there seems to be no consistent philosophy about health issues. One guy told me he smoked because Hubbard had said that when a person is CLEAR they could drink poison and be alright. This seems such an avoidance of the fact they are addicted to cigarettes. Any comments on this?
(3) Hi Chris. I got to ask. Not that I should expect anything to make sense in Scientology however you said that Miscavage is basically getting rid of all auditors. If he really believes in Hubbard and all that “clear the planet” stuff how is he supposed to accomplish that tiny task? And how is he supposed to get the deep dark secrets of people if there is no way to audit it out of them? Sec checks are done by auditors too, is it not? And even if he gets everyone to re-do all OT levels over and over again they still need auditors, right? What is left of Scientology if you take away the auditing? Booksales and constant regging? Auditing seems to be one thing some of ex-Scientologists say they actually felt good about in the cult. I’ve got to wonder if Miscavage is purposely destroying anything like that. I wonder if he has some odd disorder where he does not want anyone be happy, just hounded? Any thoughts?
(4) Hi Chris! I’m a big fan of your work and enjoy your videos so much I recently started following you on Facebook. I hope this is isn’t too personal, but I noticed you occasionally post pics with your new “gal pal” and mention the fun stuff you two do together. So I was wondering, is this officially a girlfriend in Chris Shelton’s life? And if so, surely she’s NOT as young as she looks??? Thanks for all you do, and wishing you all the best with your new relationship status if you’re no longer single.
(5) Since you don’t like dark/torture porn movies & TV shows, what are your thoughts about Quintin Tarantino?
(6) You talked about quitting smoking when you were in the RPF because of the price of them and you only making 11 or 12 dollars a week. The women in the RPF on that $11-12 a week, do they have to buy their female hygiene products out of that and if so how in the world do they manage that? If Scientology furnishes them I can only imagine Army-like 1950 style products.
(7) Hi Chris. When Scientologists go “clear” they often display a form with lots of colourful graffiti on it from the the staff members who’ve signed it off. Some look really artful and attractive. Are you familiar with this tradition? Where did it originate from?
(8) Chris, I know what the Clear Cognition is from Aaron Smith-Levin. My question is could someone hypothetically start auditing and give the Clear Cognition? What would happen? Would they be allowed to attest to clear-even if they haven’t done New Era Dianetics. Or would the auditor look at this as suspect and order a a Sec Check on the person to find out if how they got the Cognition? I’m asking this because I know DM cancelled past life clears. Thanks.