The weekly show where I answer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week the questions I answer are:
(1) Dear Chris, I have watched all your Q&A and I have heard you saying many times that Sea Org members can leave the COS whenever they want, no one is stopping them except their own beliefs (they don’t want to disconnect from their loved ones inside the Scientology, pay the debt, etc). I recently saw the 5th episode of “Leah Remini, Scientology and the Aftermath” and I remember how Marc Headley both had to escape from the Base. They also describe how others escaped and some were caught and brought back. So how is it that you say that they can leave whenever they want (if they decide to go)?! Other members caught them and bring them back by force!
(2) What happens in cases when there is disconnection and child custody comes into play? As you know, legally the parent without custodian rights needs to still pay for child support. At least here in California, I know the laws on child support are very strictly enforced. Does the church discourage people from paying or accepting child support?
(3) What do you think the end-game for $cientology will look like? Some critics think it will retreat to Clearwater, closing and selling off all of the empty ideal orgs. Miscavige might follow the model of Hubbard and go into hiding to avoid criminal prosection. Or he might use the $ obtained by fraud to buy protection in a country where he can’t be extradited. Your thoughts?
(4) I’ve been wondering recently what Scientology’s stance on gambling is? I have some familiarity with the gambling industry and it seems like ripe picking grounds for their propaganda machine. Believe me that every fine detail of a casino down to the color of a button on a slot machine is designed to make players forget the outside world and encourage them to gamble for as long as possible. Large casino companies budget millions upon millions of dollars for this each year, most of it drawing on psychological methods. In the past two decades there’s been a considerable rise of regional casino s in the USA (not to mention gambling revenues), however I don’t recall ever seeing the subject mentioned in Freedom Magazine or any other Scientology materials. It seems it isn’t on their radar at all.
(5) With the Church of Scientology having ribbon yanking ceremonies for “Ideal Orgs,” it’s disturbing to have local dignitaries participating because it gives CoS an air of legitimacy and political acceptance. How do all of us out here get together to dissuade public officials from attending and participating in the ribbon yankings?
(6) I understand that Scientology started appearing behind the “Iron Curtain” via splinter groups such as FreeZone. Any comment?
(7) How accurate are the online accounts of OT 3 (Xenu story) and the other OT levels?
(8) How did your appearence on Leah Remini’s show boost your ratings? Also, can you tell us a little about the equipment/programs your using? Self taught?
(9) Are you a slow eater?