The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) Speaking of The Master, have you ever seen the German film Until Nothing Remains, a fictional story of a couple getting sucked in to Scientology? If so, what did you think of it? (Link to the film Until Nothing Remains is here.)
(2) Chris, I believe you’ve said you haven’t been to a therapist to go over your experiences. I was wondering if maybe you could address in one of your videos whether or not that’s still the case and if so why not?
(3) Hi Chris, I am wondering, if you committed yourself to being in the Sea Org for a billion years, what were the life changes, the gains and so on, that you had in Scientology that caused you to become so committed to the Church? I mean, that is really a huge commitment and you must have really believed in it all at that time. And what happened to those gains and changes? Were they all fake, unreal, were you just fooling yourself?
(4) A Clear is defined by the Church of Scientology as person who no longer has a “reactive mind” and is therefore free from the reactive mind’s negative effects. A Clear is said to be “at cause over” (in control of) their “mental energy” (their thoughts), and able to think clearly even when faced with the very situation that in earlier times caused them difficulty. So my question is:
– How can you go Clear and OT and still be a paedophile?
– How can you go Clear and OT and still be a grumpy angry person?
– How can you go Clear and OT and still be a suppressive person?
– How can you go Clear and OT and still be a asshole to others?
– How can you go Clear and OT and still be a thief/con-artist?
No Clear has yet shown what Hubbard claimed a Clear should be. The promises have not been met. That is why Scientology gets a bad name. They promise sooo high and yet cannot provide said promise. That is why the critics can pull Scientology apart so easily.
If going up the Bridge makes you a better you, then it would be impossible to be Clear or OT and still be a fucked up person. You cannot be what you were in the past. You can only be better, more able and capable. But just look at the church. A short fucking SP who is OT5 and nobody noticed his evil intentions. No E-meter showed his SPness. No auditor saw him coming. Nobody, not even Ron who had him as a messenger.
Something doesn’t add up. Something is missing in the whole story of the Scientology Bridge. How is this Church still surviving with such obvious failures? I have asked this question many many times and can not get an answer as to how it is possible with all the tech in Scientology that an SP can be right under their noses and nobody notices.
Can you give us your view on this?
(5) I’m a paramedic in Australia. The other day, I was responding to major vehicle crash in which people were seriously injured. During the drive out to the incident, all I could think of is ‘WE NEED Tom Cruise….HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN TRULY HELP.’ Is that what other Scientologists really believe? I have treated thousands of patients over the last 20 years and never used Scientology tech or polices or had a Scientologist magically make someone better from injuries. How do they have this belief in themselves without any proven results?
(6) Listening to you and Aaron have a discussion is fascinating (from Sensibly Speaking Podcast #86). Definitely enjoyed the back and forth and exchanging of information. Had to pull out a pen and take notes! You discussed the “fish to fry” metaphor, but I wonder if you realize that not many people say “pull in its flippers” – first time I have ever heard it! Is it Scientologese or Sheltonese? Also, you referenced these things and I was hoping you might clarify them: bean theory, step of affluence formula and a blue spark meeting? Just when I think I understand the lingo, you pull the rug out from under me! Thanks for all you do.
(7) I live on the East Coast. If I visit an Ideal Morgue on the West Coast while on vacation, will they try to hard-sell me on courses and sauna sessions that I will never take, or are they quote-unquote smart enough to just sell me a stack of books and show me the door?
(8) Assuming you’ve been a big sci-fi fan for a while, is Scientology open to things like the ideas in Star Wars? Does the Church look down on things like the Force or whatever like how some Christian fundamentalists called Harry Potter satanic just for including witchcraft?