The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are listed below.
(1) Do Scientologist discuss ways to “beat the machine,” i.e. the E-meter, when discussing Security Checking and such? Is there passed down lore about how to make the needle float, like hand lotions or how to squeeze or not squeeze the cans or drink a lot of water the day of security checks to allow energy to flow smoothly by decreasing your body’s resistance, so they will miss that overt and withhold from a past life when you were a snail?
(2) What would someone with a job title “OT Ambassador” do? Do the letters “OT” mean he raises money thru OT Committees?
(3) I was wondering about David Miscaviage. I know he self-elected himself as COB, but what do paying Scientologists feel about that, there being no election, so to speak? Also, it seems so strange to me. Is there any electoral procedure within the Sea Org where the Scientology paying public participates? If I was paying that much money I would want some say in things or the ability to vote in people I think would be good for specific jobs.
Does the paying Scientology public get any voting rights or do they know anything about the high ranking Sea Org staff, who they are, etc? It all seems so mysterious.
(4) Hi Chris. Love your channel. I have a question regarding the big events such as the LRH Birthday Event being held in Clearwater, Florida. It seems that at every big celebration, Miscavige and others give membership totals in the millions. Did you ever question the number of Scientology members by how many people were present at these celebrations? I am assuming it was only in the hundreds the last decade or so, and not like in 1993 when the ‘War is Over’ declaration was made. Is it not a requirement of the organization for all Scientologists to attend a few of these every year? What was the reason given, if any, for low attendance? Keep up the great work!
(5) Hey Chris, I understand that this is an old video (#3 re being responsible for your actions), but I have a question in regards to what you said about the Nuremberg trials. I have read several accounts where soldiers or other people were forced to carry out horrible things by the Nazis threatening their families. For example, if you did not join the Hitler Youth as a kid, in some places the Nazis would threaten to send your family to concentration camps. While I agree with you that we are all responsible for our actions, do you think some leeway or understanding should be taken into consideration that they were being threatened and couldn’t think of anything else to do? I ask this because I remember several years ago when Pope Benedict XVI was being called the Nazi Pope because he was in the Hitler Youth, but at the time it was required. I want to clarify that I am completely against the Nazis, but I pride myself on getting both sides of the story and having some degree of empathy. I know being the person I am, if my family was being threatened, I am not sure I would be able to say no to someone while they have a gun to my family’s head so to speak.
(6) As a never-in, I find Scientology jargon fascinating. In your discussion of the McPherson event you mentioned that she went “Type 3”. Please tell us more about the term. What are Types 1 and 2? Where in Scientology literature is Type 3 discussed and what does it say about the phenomena?
(7) What’s the deal with Tel Aviv’s Scientology HQ? I heard they went indy.
(8) Do you think Hubbard was a graphomaniac (someone who has an obsessive impulse to write)?