The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) How many people do you think join the Sea Org annually? With technology and info at our fingertips, how has the Sea Org changed their recruitment from 30 years ago? I did see your podcast on recruitment tactics. Based on all of that, would you say most of the recruits are youth raised in Scientology? I would think recruiting a young adult with no real-world background would be difficult unless they were down on their luck, no family, destitute, etc and they saw a place for food and shelter, then the brainwashing could easily take effect.
(2) Are you familiar with John Alex Wood, Scientology’s official UK Twitter troll? Is he most likely being paid for his advocacy work? He’s one of the very few people who publicly defend the CoS on Twitter.
(3) Something I’ve been meaning to ask you; is it true that OT 8 can only be obtained while trapped on their ship, and while getting OT 8, these Scientologists are constantly “regged” between sessions? If it’s true, what are the registrars selling people who have reached OT 8? Haven’t they already paid for every course and bit of text Scientology has to offer in order to get to the OT 8 level?
(4) I read on the Bunker that DM has not lived at or even visited Int Base in 5 years. I think this could be a move suggested by lawyers to help build a case that he could not have orchestrated various abuses that have come to light at that location. What do you think this means Chris that DM lives in California now full-time and part-time in Clearwater?
(5) In the years after you’ve been out of Scientology, have you ever found yourself experiencing the feeling of euphoria that you experienced when “going clear” about something unrelated to Scientology? If so, did your critical brain step in and question the reason for such feelings? I imagine your recent engagement to Melissa would produce some euphoria, but I’m more speaking about something related to discovering different philosophies or ideologies…or even getting better at critical thinking itself. I could imagine after having such a bad experience with euphoria generated by undue influence and manipulation, you might be skeptical of anything that felt similar?
(6) I see that you wear a lot of comic book related t-shirts. Do you have any favorite characters? Any favorite creators? I’m a huge fan myself and I think it would be lots of fun to hear what you are interested in. Related question – Do you know of any creators that are scientologists and have wanted to use comics as a way of possible influence?
(7) I was wondering if you have ever done one of those wacky Scientology testimonials that sometimes pop up. For some reason I am intrigued by them and I have no idea why…(?)
(8) Why wouldn’t they perform services for FBI members? Isn’t their goal to save the whole world?