The weekly show where I answer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) What do you think of these doomsday type channels here on YouTube? I saw a video last week where a guy shows a bunch of different underground tunnel entrances near a Walmart and it kinda worried me, especially after the closing of several Walmart stores for “plumbing issues” and seeing armored guards and other government agency cars in the parking lot. This world has become a scary place!
(2) When you were still in the Church and someone showed you a “pack” of information on an SP or a hate website, would you and others not think it was strange/unethical/illegal that they were using what was supposed to be confidential information? Would you, at a time where you were still fully in, ever be scared that someone would look and/or use your confidential information given in auditing?
(3) I’ve read that many Scientology fundraisers get a commission of 10%. From your recent interview with Kay Rowe, it sounds as though that is that not the case with Sea Org regges (sales people). Who gets commissions & who doesn’t? Does it depend on whether the person is paying for services, giving straight donations to the IAS, or what? Also, in your interview with Kay, she was joking that Chapter 11 of her book was about fundraising. I’m not completely sure I got the joke. Is it because a person might go into Chapter 11 bankruptcy after being regged so hard and long by Scientology? Or did I miss the joke entirely?
(4) Hello Chris, I really enjoy your videos on Scientology. After hearing you talk about spirituality I came across a very interesting story that I think you would be interested in and I would like you to comment on it. It’s about a medical procedure called a cardiac standstill and Pam Reynold’s near-death experience when undergoing surgery for a brain aneurism.
(5) You mention that orgs have stats on how much money is going up from local church’s to orgs. I believe you have also mentioned that in a 5 state area, there were only a few hundred active church members. Given this very small number of active Scientologists, how much money could these local church’s possibly send up? Please forgive me if I am off on your numbers, but I am curious if you have any numbers to give some context on money streams (even if only anecdotal). Do staff end up signing/paying up for services themselves just to “inflate” stats or meet quotas, akin to how some parents buy their own kid’s girl scout cookies/etc because of pressure?
(6) Why was OT 8 needed to be done at sea?
(7) Was Hubbard affiliated with the Mafia?
(8) Do Scientologists feel obliged to like “Space Jazz” or the soundtrack of Battlefield Earth? Seriously, can cognitive dissonance extend that far?