The seventh installment of my question-and-answer video show, where I take up questions subscribers and commenters have asked me in my videos and answer them as best I can. Questions in this video:
(1) Can you tell us when did Scientology start being a “church”? Was it after the IRS investigations?
(2) Hi Chris, I really enjoy these Critical Q&A videos. Here is my question: when you informed the Church of Scientology about your decision to leave the Sea Organization, were you required to pay the freeloader’s debt? Is it something that’s legally enforceable? What will happen to those who decide to leave and yet refuse to pay up, aside from being declared suppressive persons? Thanks.
(3) Wow Chris, I really admire you for this useful and nice way to give answers on this bloody matter. 🙂 Here my question: can u share with us your reaction once discovered, through the books on him, the real life of LRH? Personally that was the KEY factor that changed my viewpoint on the whole matter.
(4) Chris you mentioned that people in Scientology sometimes have euphoric experiences. So the question I have is, is it realistic to expect people to walk away from a source of euphoric pleasure? How often does this happen? Is it realistic for people to think they can pursue that activity/activities outside the church? What church activity produces that affect? Is “affect” the correct word there, or do i want effect? hehe
(5) Hey Chris, you’ve mentioned several times some opinions on David Miscavige, do you think he believes in Scientology or is he just a conman running a racket? LRH was quoted by James Randi as saying religion was a good way to get rich quick, do you feel he came to start believing his own lies as Scientology grew? Love the vids and love the rational perspective on CofS criticism!
(6) Any thoughts on career choices as you move forward? Perhaps additional education or coursework?
(7) Chris, I always see a keyboard at the edge of the screen – can you play? If so, do you have any plans to dismantle the corrupt power structures of Scientology via the power of musical theatre? I think that could be very effective. Possible song ideas:
- I Get A Kick Out Of Xenu.
- Audit Takes Two
- Under The Sea (Org)
- Do I Love You Because You’re A Level 8 Operating Thetan
It took me 18 minutes to come up with those. Thank me at the Tony Awards.