The weekly show where I answer your questions! This week, I take up these questions from my viewers:
(1) With funds coming in to the Church of Scientology dwindling, even the whales have limits. I feel Miscavige will be forced to dip into their huge reserve funds to keep the lights on in the Orgs. Do you agree? If so does that mean they are in a death spiral?
(2) Hey Chris, I was always curious about Scientology from the day I heard about it (I wasn’t looking to convert or anything, just curious in my study of religions) and I was wondering: Why, after everything that has been revealed about the church, do you think people still would convert to Scientology, or are there still people who are converting?
(3) Great show Chris! Question: If I was to decide to try and join Scientology (I wouldn’t) and told them I was flat broke and unable to obtain any money, would they take pity on me and allow me to do coursework anyhow? Or would they just show me the door and kick me out?
(4) Hi Chris: My question is about OT 3. It has been so widely publicized over the years, and although Scientologists are kept in a bubble, I find it hard to imagine in today’s information age they haven’t heard of its details. I’ve seen people bring it up to the body routers in the street when they try to solicit stress tests as well. If I were to walk into a Church of Scientology today and express interest in joining but voice concerns about thinking OT 3 is silly (in detail), I am certain they would just deny it’s existence. Suppose I stuck it out and paid enough money to get to OT 3 – would they really still put this in front of me? How can they still push this? Do you think they might scrap the Xenu story or would that be blasphemous since it came from Hubbard?
(5) Hi Chris! Great videos that have certainly educated me (and scared me) about the Church of Scientology. Are Scientologists homophobic?
Hey Chris, have you experienced any homophobic behavior towards other Scientologists during your time there?
(6) Hello Mr. Shelton! You prefaced one of your videos by summing up your experiences at the Ontario Scientology Convention. You stated how it reinvigorated your interest in making more Scientology-related videos and that you now know definitively that Scientology is purely a money-generating scheme. Care to share a few of the factoids that influenced your conclusion?
(7) Chris, what is your educational background? You’re so good at explaining concepts, have you ever thought about becoming an educator?