The weekly show where I answer questions from the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com.
Link to Jeff Hawkin’s book, Closing Minds: http://goo.gl/mmXUGb
This week’s questions are:
(1) Hi Chris, I was just wondering what your opinion is on Scientology private schools? Schools such as Delphi Academy. Why do they advertise their schools as an “Applied Scholastics” school and withhold the information of a Scientology link?
(2) What is your current view on psychiatry? If it has evolved, can you describe that evolution?
(3) Hi Chris, you define Scientology as a money making scam etc… but would it be correct to say you are then only referring to Church of Scientology (orgs, Sea org, management, IAS, etc) and not the texts and materials of Scientology as a philosophical subject? My question is how do you see those in the independent field who get and receive Scientology (auditing/training) at a fraction of the cost (one could say a fair exchange) and believe/think/feel/know they get benefit from it? Would you say they are still in a destructive cult induced state, or otherwise?
(4) A lot of the techniques used by Hubbard and later by Miscavage seems to blur the line between mind control and aggressive PR techniques. Would you consider that statement correct or maybe would you say that bottom line, PR and mind control are basically the same thing? And on that train of thought, given you lean toward answer B, could it also be said that somehow, corporations, states and maybe even professional corps and association could also be considered cultish?
(5) I was on some course or another for about a year in the CoS. While doing some of the courses I “learned” that suppressive people cause many of society’s problems. In particular some of those problems are physical in nature. Well, I am a disabled person. I was born with cerebral palsy. In the time I was in CoS I never saw another disabled person in the Orange County org or in the Los Angeles org. One of my questions is, what does Scientology think about people with disabilities and because I have cerebral palsy does it mean one or both of my parents are suppressive persons thus they caused my disability? My final question is, are there any physically disabled people in the Sea Org?
(6) Is Scientology racist?
(7) I have heard recently that now Sea Org members at Int Base cannot be married. Is this at Management only or Gold also? Also, when did this start? Do SO members wanting to go there get asked to divorce before then can move up? Can you talk about this topic.
(8) I’ve read on Tony’s blog that the church is going to release OT 9 and 10 later this year. I remember a post on Marty’s blog stating that OT 9 and 10 do not exists. What do you think Miscavage could possibly throw together to resemble an OT level that Hubbard never wrote? Also when the new levels fail to deliver the promised results, do you think that will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for many long time high up members?
(9) What is the thinking behind my endless eternity depends on what I do, here and now, in Scientology?
(10) In the event of Scn imploding, caused by a myriad of things, or Miscavige meeting with his just deserves, what is going to become of the buildings and land in the Scn portfolio? Will all the gullible doners, who have been responsible for their acquisition, have any rightful claim over them, or will they become null and void?