The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left for me in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent by email to AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) I might be wrong, but I think you said in one of your videos that sexuality (excluding homosexuality…) isn’t that big of a deal in Scientology. I finished Jenna Miscavige Hill’s book today, and it really painted a picture of sexuality being a HUGE thing in Scientology, especially if you did “out 2D” or anything related to premarital sex seemed to be very bad thing.
P.S. Is that Age of Empires on your computer desktop?
(2) Love your YouTube channel. I see some similarity in your situation and being abused by narcissists. I wonder how you have come to forgive the fraud and abuse you suffered – how have you come to forgive?
(3) Please explain the extraordinary work ethic that is apparently instilled in every Scientologist. Surely such a character trait is to a large degree an issue of temperament. Does Scientology somehow overcome this? Or perhaps lazy people simply don’t last long in Scientology? Does this issue somehow relate to the Scientology ethos of helping the able to be more able and screw everybody else? Is that a fair characterization?
(4) Hi Chris, still loving your channel 🙂 Can you take us through a typical “emergency” or dealing with a “flap” when you were in the Sea Org, as far as the extra time/stress/pressure put on you? How frequent were these on average? Also, your thoughts on the IRS revoking the tax-exempt status of the World Literacy Crusade front group this year? Can we expect that to happen to more tax-exempt CoS front groups?
(5) It seems that many ex-cult members becomes some what vaccinated against normal bullshit to, and don’t fall in to the smaller traps of the “normal world” as brand fanboyism and tabloid journalism. Is this a fair observation and is this one of the many “real wins” of your new life?
(6) I understand that David Miscavage is now addressing himself as The Pope of Scientology. On your last question, about Tom Cruise left me with a quick question: Do you think it is possible that Cruise will ever join the Sea Org (as a rank of full Commander) and be named Miscavage’s heir apparent? It could make sense that Miscavage could be made Sea Org Captain Emeritus (ie. Benedict as Pope Emeritus) and Tom then replace him, as the Sea Org’s full Captain. What are your thoughts?
(7) In that great Tom Cruise video in which he claims that only he as a Scientologist could help at a traffic accident scene, what exactly do you think he thinks he could do to help that a regular person couldn’t? Call Miscavige and tell him to get his people to handle it? 🙂
(8) I don’t understand the concept of the “empty orgs”. What do you suppose the ultimate goal is for them?
(9) Hey Chris I have a question about pay. I know the Sea Org are paid very little but I am curious about other areas of the church. I understand that some of the for-profit areas of Scientology are paid more? Also how about the executives and OSA? What sort of remuneration and perks do they receive?