The weekly show where I answer questions left for me in the comments section of my Q&A videos or by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, questions I answer are:
(1) I have a question about the concept of God in Scientology. I have heard you say before in one of the lectures on your channel that Scientology doesn’t have any concept of god, so day to day ‘worship’ for the lay Scientologist takes the form of reading LRH’s materials. However, on the Scientology website, they make reference to God as the Supreme Being, the relationship to which constitutes the Eighth Dynamic. It also has an LRH quotation saying that people who have some concept of a God are morally superior people.
Obviously the concept of God is Scientology is not emphasized, and from the website, seems to be little more than a bit of PR to make Scientology look more like a mainstream religion. However, it does appear the LRH discussed it somewhat.
Can you talk a bit about what God is in Scientology, what God means in Scientology, what LRH said about God in greater detail?
(2) I have a question– is there anyone, anywhere in Scientology who is believed to have some of these “powers” of the upper OT levels? Obviously no one is actually running around Clearwater levitating things with their mind, but is there anyone currently in or someone from the past decades who could supposedly do at least something like this? I am curious because if I were in Scientology being told how amazing Hubbard was, I think I would expect that he would have been exactly the guy to have “OT Powers” if anyone did. Thanks! 🙂
(3) I was watching Steven Mango’s video about his experience at Celebrity Center International and I do wonder about the pressure to join the Sea Org that he describes. Are the celebrities and other parishioners under the same pressure to join or is it some sort of screening process made by the orgs?
Also, there’s the story of a non-Scientologist who was lured to a org under false pretense (she was told it was a free stand up comedy show) but when she got there she was pressured to buy some book. She claims they basically closed the door in front of her and her friend and would not let them go until they had paid or signed up for courses. How can they get away with this? Is this not against the law to physically hold people and force them to buy something they do not want? Thanks for your time.
(4) Does Scientology reject Darwin’s Theory of Evolution? What would a Scientologist be instructed to teach their children about the origins of human and animal life? I know about the Xenu story, but what are the people who haven’t reached OT III allowed to accept in science?
(5) Scientologist will often use expressions like “I was sooooooo blown out!” or “total blowdown!” What do these expressions mean? Where do they come from?
(6) Greetings Mr. Shelton. What type of an impact do you think Scientology’s outspoken critics are having overall? In previous videos you have mentioned that Scientology is “coming apart at the seams” and is facing internal strife. Is it safe to assume that the Scientology apparatus as it is will collapse in the coming years?
(7) Hello Chris. You do a great job producing this channel. Thank you. Please explain why all victims of David Miscavige’s physical abuse aren’t pursued with the authorities for criminal prosecution. It seems to me his arrest would spell the end of his reign.
(8) Do you think Miscavige watches any of your videos?