The weekly show where I answer questions from my viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions we take up are:
(1) On my final try in Scientology I realized that there are no real friendship connections between “Public” Scientologists and it seems to be frowned upon by the system itself. Every minute is monitored by staff and there is a great suppression of mutual communication and friendship. “Public” in the church keep to themselves and avoid each other mostly. The only place that seems to be safe to meet and chit chat is in the Sauna on a Purificiation Rundown! So bad that one woman was in the Sauna nightly for 6 months! She was only looking for a Scientology man, showing off her body, while checking out prospects. Got one. Done!
Question is: Are you aware of how disconnected these PUBLIC Scientologists actually are between each other and how badly communication is blocked by the system itself and why?
(2) In Going Clear Mark “Marty” Rathbun said that he thought that Miscavige, in a misguided way, actually believed in Scientology. What is your opinion?
(3) What are all the courses or training that cover communication in Scientology? Success Through Communication and the TRs or are there more? I ask because I routinely hear this mentioned as a positive gain of Scientology that hooked people. Do you think communication is one thing Scientology actually helps people with or is the hypnotizing element of it too damaging?
(4) Chris in regards to the Ideal Orgs, if hypothetically speaking the majority of them couldn’t pay their rent and utilities and the upper offices had to bail them out, do you ever see one or any of these buildings being offered up for bankruptcy?
(5) With the push being to remove Scientology’s tax exemption status, wouldn’t it hurt the cause by continuing to refer to it as a church as opposed to a business? I’m not suggesting being disrespectful to those who follow Hubbard’s teachings. However, if their actual practices are those of a for-profit business, then doesn’t calling it a church create an issue when it comes to the purpose of removing the exemption?
(6) Chris, in all your years in Scientology, did you ever observe anyone who went from being a shy, introverted type person into someone who was a dynamic, influential communicator after having completed Grade 0, Communications Release?
(7) Do you know if Miscavige has any contingency plans ready if and when global sea level rise inundates Clearwater?
(8) Chris if I had enough cash could I just walk in and say ok I want OT8. Could I just fast track myself with cash and get there in like 1 year? Is this possible?
(9) During your podcast with Joe Szimhart, he mentioned that a Scientologist had said to him that the religion was in some way related to Buddhism. Does Scientology claim to outsiders to be based partly on eastern religions that believe in reincarnation, or is that just an isolated comment? By your reaction, it sounded like the former.
(10) Do you think there is a way to light up the eyes for a friend of mine that’s still in Scientology and how can I do it? I’m an ex-Scientologist.