The show where I answer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I take up are:
(1) When you where going to all the different orgs and seeing the fail that COB was creating with the ideal orgs, were you doing any auditing during this time? What about sec checks? Could you explain how a Sea Org mission works?
(2) If Scientology doesn’t want to be viewed as a kooky space alien cult, then how do they explain away the Church of Spiritual Technology? Scientology “scriptures” sealed in 2,300 titanium capsules in “calamity-proof vaults” in the middle of nowhere? Titanium is not cheap, and digging bomb shelters in the desert, with directional markers carved in the earth that can only be seen from the air or space – sure, that sounds completely not weird. What was your knowledge of these sites when you were in the Sea Org? Did you have any second- or third-hand knowledge of what these vaults were really like (shiny and high tech, I hope)? Or is this the ultimate con, with 100% of the money that is regged for the CST funneled into the IAS slush fund?
(3) I have come to have great trust in your ability to discern between facts and BS. There are, however, a few subject where your positions indicate to me you either did not come upon some info I have or you did and filtered them out as BS while I didn’t. In a recent Sensibly Speaking Podcast episode, it seemed the general point was made that “conspiracy theorists are crazy to think their government would go to that extent to harm their citizens or to behave in a way that is directly detrimental to them.” I hope I did not understand you right. In point and fact there are countless examples where US government, amongst other have directly engaged in terrorist activities on their own soil or that of allied nations. Don’t tell me you don’t notice how society uses ALL cultic tactics to keep people in the fold. Please help me become reasonable too. Please tell me, demonstrate to me I’m wrong. Help me throw up my red pill.
(4) When explaining the difference between “The Hole” and the RPF you mentioned those in “The Hole” have been declared SP by Miscavige. However they still do their jobs in the church and are at Gold Base. Doesn’t that go against the rules? I know Miscavige makes his own rules and does not care, but he is directly going against LRH. How do public or lower members not see Miscavige is breaking the rules of the church? How do Scientologists not in management reconcile all the actions Miscavige takes that clearly break LRH policy?
(5) I am in the medical field, and I wonder how well the staff are taken care of medically. Since the “corporate lifestyle” of Sea Org staff is one of isolation and minimum provisions, are women able to access obstetric/gynecological care? Are there doctors on hand to treat these folks for general illnesses and provide medicines? Also, is there any way I can get you to say the words “Earliah… Similah!!” in LRH’s voice?
(6) You mentioned in your videos and your book that you grew up in Pasadena, started as a Scientology staffer in Santa Barbara, and spent a large chunk of your time with Sea Org in Los Angeles. When you got out, there was a limbo period in Minnesota, and then we see you doing your wonderful work in Colorado. Did your experience with Scientology ruin Southern California for you?
(7) Hi! I am curious about something – Bob Geldof’s late daughter Peaches had a one night stand with a guy who then posted about it on the internet. He said they had taken heroin together and then gone to the Scientology Celebrity Centre and gone through something to detox there. Since her death it has come out that she was a heroin addict so that part is probably true, and she certainly was with the guy as he had the photos, and she WAS into Scientology for a while, but do you think it is likely that she would have been able to bring some guy with her into the Celebrity Centre and they would have had some detox thing there?
(8) Hey Chris, here is a flash question. If scents are banned in the SO, what do you use for aftershave? Witch hazel? Alcohol? Also, since DM plays by his own set of rules, do you know if he wears cologne?
(9) In light of Roger Ailes recent departure from Fox News, I have a question about Greta Van Susteren, who is a practicing Scientologist, right? She doesn’t appear to meet the Playboy Mansion style that Ailes created around all the other female anchors. In fact, Greta dresses more like either a butch lesbian or a Mennonite school teacher, take your pick, but she really defies the Ailes uniform. Does Greta wield significant influence at Fox News?