The weekly show where I answer questions viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or have sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) I was wondering if you could synopsize in plain English what exactly happened with the Monique Rathbun case in Texas. The legalese is very hard to understand and I’m not sure why they dropped the case.
What do you think of Steve Mango’s recent criticism of Marty Rathbun? Also, why do you think Monique stopped her lawsuit against CoS? One post claims Marty is now defending David Miscavage. Things seem so bizarre. What are your insights?
(2) I understand Hubbard wrote that about 2% of the population were essentially degraded beings, however did he define all of these people as SP’s or is this term reserved just for enemies (percieved or otherwise) of Scientology? Or am I wrong altogether and is the title SP reserved just for somebody such as yourself who at some point has been specifically scheduled by the church?
(3) Hi Chris – was sitting one day at the Spaghetti Warehouse for lunch in Tampa, looked out the window and noticed the Scientology org. I had no idea it was there. I was there for about an hour having lunch, and noticed a security guard come out like every 15 min looking around, checking garbage cans, etc. What exactly are the guards looking for? What are the duties? Are the guards Scientologists?
(4) I don’t understand what everyone on staff and in the Sea Org is so busy with. I hear stories of people working 16 hour days, 7 days a week and I believe them but what is there to do in Scientology? It seems that with very few people coming into the religion/business that the only work to be done is regging current members and maintaining the orgs and other real estate owned by the church.
(5) Hey Chris, do you remember the “record-breaking” extreme examples while you were in of the most number of people calling someone to confirm they’re attending an event? Ross and Carrie’s podcast revealed they experienced multiple calls per day. Also, any examples of extremes on the other end, like most number of years someone wasn’t active that you recovered? We’re seeing letters from a CoS registrar being posted online that were sent to people 23 and 48 years after they bought a book.
(6) Do you agree that the Church is facing a demographic time bomb? All of the PR emails for small church events show nothing but AARP members: grey hair and bald heads dominate the scene. Generation X and Millenials are just too internet savvy to be routed onto the lines. Did you see an older membership in the Twin Cities (etc)? Do you think that COB should start selling gilded urns and caskets? Thanks for your great work.
(7) Often when Scientologists and ex-Scientologists talk about why they disconnected from someone, or why they didn’t look at anything critical about the church, etc. they often say it’s because they didn’t want to “lose their eternity.” What is this “eternity” they’re at risk of losing? What long-lasting consequence do they believe will befall them if they fall out with the church in this life?
(8) You’ve had some awesome guests on your show. Lloyd Evans, the man who puts out excellent content about the Jehovah’s Witnesses has collaborated with you. Thanks for introducing me to his channel! Of course, everyone can’t help but love ToryMagoo44. What other YouTube channels do you personally enjoy? Who’s work do you follow in your free time?