The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A shows or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) I recently relocated to Florida for work and I have 3 store locations that I manage in Clearwater. One is literally a block from Flag. My question is this: I have had a few Scientologists apply for positions within my company and I can tell because they have work history on their resume stating they were tour guides or what not. While I would never discriminate against anyone for their religious beliefs, I do worry more about what another employee may say to that person about their beliefs. With the Church’s Fair game policy, I’m worried about a Scientology employee getting upset because a coworker is committing suppressive acts and end up with a boycott outside of my store. Is this something I should worry about or is this irrational fear?
(2) Do members of the Sea Org have ranks like sailors in real navies do? Do the ranks correspond to those in the US Navy? What was your rank? Do those with lower ranks feel bitter about it?
(3) I’m in the actual Navy as an enlisted maintenance person. As I watch your videos, I notice many techniques used on military personnel that also seemed to be used on Scientology staff. Examples include renaming a questionable task to give it a more legitimate feeling, a spirit of cause over self, and, definitely, thought control. It makes me wonder whether Fearless Leader (LRH) got many of his human control techniques from the Navy for the few years that he served. It seems that, as an Lieutenant JG, he would have been exposed only to a little of the manipulation techniques that are taught to naval leaders. Still, nothing is more dangerous than someone with a little knowledge. Your thoughts?
(4) I have been watching a lot of your videos and really enjoy your perspective. My question is, did you have face time with David Miscavige during your tenure in Scientology? If you did, can you describe what those interactions were like?
(5) Do you enjoy talking about Scientology? Wouldn’t an Ex-Scientologist at some point just get tired of the subject and want to move on and focus on other things of interest? Don’t get me wrong, I love watching your videos and think what you do is of great value. But aren’t you bored of it yet?
(6) I would like to know why Anonymous has been not so active when it comes to Scientology protests. What happened with Scientology vs Anonomous lately?
(7) When a new org opens, we see a Scientology video of a very nice looking building with nice looking interiors and course rooms, etc. I have noted that some of these buildings are many stories high and I surmise from this that they must have many rooms. In these videos we see the entrance, lobby and presumably the lower floors. What about all the other rooms in the building? The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on? Are they all closed off and still dilapidated inside?
(8) Has learning about critical thinking changed your view on any other of your beliefs? For example, did you ever believe in any government cover-ups, paranormal entities, the Illuminati etc.? Are there any conspiracies that you think may have elements of truth behind them?