The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) I’ve read stories of Scientology parishioners who may choose to go to another location/country, aside from their own, to partake in services for a price that is less expensive (due to a more beneficial exchange rate as an example) as opposed to paying more for the same services offered at their closest office. I’m speaking more about OT levels or other services that are limited to one of the six (I believe) places where these costly services are limited for delivery, but I suppose it could apply for any service. Can you discuss this?
(2) In the comments section of your Q & A #102 a commenter posted a link to a video of a Scientologist/ pro-Scientology man who was attempting to lampoon your efforts to expose the dark world of Scientology. What are your thoughts about this type of thing? I would like to point out that the rather crass man in the video employed all of the techniques and buzzwords that you’ve said Scientologists would use when attacking the church’s detractors. My opinion about this subject is that it is a rather positive sign that you’re having a negative effect on the Church of Scientology, or they see you as a threat. Either one of those things is a good thing on their own, taken together they make a promising combination!
(3) Do you have any idea why in the early 2000’s Miscavige dismantled management and formed The Hole? How did destroying the structure help him at all? It seems he just went crazy. Also, since management is gone, who issues his orders and makes sure they are done?
(4) Hi Chris, love your videos. My question for you is in regards to how you learned to be the “real” Chris after leaving Scientology. What was your process? How did you counter the isolation? How did you come to find hobbies, other groups and fun that fits who you really are and leave behind the things you were told to be/like?
Does Chris Shelton, Scientologist and Sea Org member, still live in the back of your head? Do you ever catch yourself thinking like a member?
(5) If, when you met Miscavige, you answered his authoritarian instructions with “Oook Dave,” instead of “Yes sir!” would he immediately punch you in the face?
(6) What prompted the move?
(7) What could you say about Montreal’s Scientology operations? They have an office that has been open for at least 30 years. I visited at some point when I was lost. I liked the book but I didn’t fit their typical customer. They told me to straighten up and come back after. I was jobless. From what I now understand that must have been their sole criteria.
(8) Did you know any Scientologists who liked Hubbard’s Mission Earth series, or is that another thing, like the Battlefield Earth movie, that Scientologists have agreed not to talk about?
(9) Look into Cell Earth please.