The weekly show where I answer questions from viewers left in the comments of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email to AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) What is your opinion of Paul Thomas Anderson’s film The Master? Do you think it accurately portrays Scientology at that formative time?
I was wondering if you had seen Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master. If so, what did you think about it? PTA also said he showed the film to Tom Cruise but wouldn’t discuss his reaction. Could you imagine what his reaction would have been?
(2) You keep on saying that LRH was a true believer. What are you basing that on? On one account where one person said LRH wanted to get rid of body thetans when he was already old, sick and crazy? That doesn’t mean that he was a believer when he was younger. He himself knew that he was copying that Xenu story from a different source, so you think he believed the person he copied it from? He might have started to believe in his own BS in his final years when he was getting more and more deluded and not before that. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he was not a believer, but I’m a critical thinker and I just see no proof of him being a true believer. And since you’re a critical thinker too, I hope you’re not basing your thoughts on that single source about his behavior shortly before his death. I’d be interested in more sources that back up the claim of LRH being a true believer and then I might agree.
(3) Wasn’t 1996 about the time of the Lisa McPherson death, a real tragedy and a black-eye for Scientology and Miscavige. Could this have been when the Pope decided to just go for the money and forget about service?
(4) I agree with gay rights but… In some of your Q&A videos you have explained your thoughts on why people are gay, including some I don’t agree with. I think more along the lines that it is a choice rather than something they cannot help; and I have an interesting question regarding this. You have said that some people are born with this inclination and I have heard from other people that this is all a matter of a persons genes and DNA gone awry so it’s not their fault or their choice, etc. Well, if these things were so, then where are all the gay animals? Gay birds, insects, fish, plants, etc? I’ve never noticed a single one. It wouldn’t be that only humans can be gay, would it? Let’s face it, people can be talked into just about anything, or enticed by the glamour of it all from watching today’s media. They can even be talked into Scientology! Right? Anyway, am I onto something here? Or is my question easily refuted?
(5) Hi Chris, do you know if Scientology was caught up in the Panama Papers debacle in early 2016 (I think).
(6) Hey Chris, what percentage of Scientologists are Hispanic? I notice it seems to be all white people.
(7) Is The Bridge a bridge like across a river, or the command structure of a ship? Honestly, I find the naval stuff in Scientology the most silly and egregious compared to the mythology and practices of Scientology. Not that the rest isn’t a cash grab space opera, but the naval stuff seems shoehorned in.
(8) File this one under SIDEWAYS…but I have a burning question for you. What is your phone’s general ringtone? “Inquiring minds want to know”