The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left in the comments section of my Q&A videos or sent by email to AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) In your recent “Bridge to Nowhere” video you mention that Scientologists believe they’re saving lives by clearing their body thetans in OT 3. Do they believe they’re only saving human kind from the harm these clusters do, or do they also believe they’re helping to free the thetans caught up mindlessly in these clusters?
It reminded me of the Mormon Temple rites that Mormons are encouraged to do, first for themselves, then for their deceased relatives in order to free them from the “Spirit Prison” their spirits ended up in because they died without receiving the Gospel (the Mormon version, at least), and can move into Spirit Paradise, which is a much more pleasant waiting room for spirits awaiting the Final Judgement. This motivates Mormons to keep going back to the Temple again and again (and paying the tithing and attending the meetings and following the rules they’re required to follow to be allowed entrance into the Temple).
I’m curious if OT 3s find themselves similarly motivated. Do they feel like the time and money they’re spending on OT 3 is doing good, not just for themselves, but for these thetans by freeing them through auditing? Do they feel like, even if they haven’t done much visible good for society at large, they’ve at least freed a thetan or two to go off into its eternity a freed being?
(2) Chris, with hurricane Irma set to barrel through Clearwater, how many Scientologists will be demoted on the OT bridge? Will they feel responsible?
(3) Almost every ex-Scientologist’s book/blog/podcast’s personal story of leaving the Sea Org, staff and/or the “church” that I’ve seen has said the reasons they left happened slowly over time rather than one specific, eye-opening moment. Kindly share some chronological personal examples (the more the better) that piled up for you and the final moment when you said enough!
(4) How do you reconcile your laid back and accepting attitude towards people whose ideologies and scriptures tell them that homosexuals are evil and instill a sense of superiority over ‘sinners’ or ‘out ethics’ (normal) people? This is specifically in response to your comments that people’s religions should be respected. I know it’s an old conundrum but it does seem to become more and more difficult the more scientifically one approaches a subject.
(5) When you were a fan of Alex Jones what was the most ridiculous conspiracy theory of his that you actually believed? If you can’t decide because they’re all equally ridiculous, then pick one at random.
(6) Do you know if the Church of Scientology has made their way to Texas to “touch assist” yet?
(7) Didn’t I read somewhere that they had their church status in the IRS pulled once before?
(8) Hey Chris, I live in Denmark and recently Scientology opened up their new ideal org in Copenhagen. I have also been seeing adds at bus stops around the country for Scientology, something I have never seen before. I know that the church uses Denmark as their European headquarters. Do you have any knowledge of how big Scientology is in Denmark or in other parts of Scandinavia?