The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left in the comments sections of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email to AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) Hi Chris! I’ve been following you since day-1. My friends think it’s really strange that I’m so into Scientology news. I wish I had an outlet or someone to talk to about it with. Due to your recent podcast with the Scientology-watcher who hosts the podcast “Come Get Sum”, journalists like Tony Ortega, and the new Leah Remini show, I’m realizing it’s not that strange that I’m a Scientology-watcher. I live in the San Diego area now and I’m wondering if people ever meet up to chat about it—outside of the internet. Do you know of any resources like that? I’ve heard of Howdy-con and I’d love to go to that if it ends up near me this year or my resources are right to travel to it. Thanks a lot for your thoughtful and articulate responses to everybody’s questions!
(2) I wonder if you have noticed the anti-Leah Remini and her show attack ads on Youtube. I seem to get them when I’m watching videos by ex-Scientologists, as well as with some other videos. I have to admit that I haven’t actually watched any of them because I skip them after 5 seconds. Is the church responsible for these ads? I noticed one of them involves her dad talking, I assume about what a bad daughter she was. Is this video taken directly from her hate site?
(3) What does Scientology tell it’s members about how L. Ron Hubbard came to possess the knowledge that became Scientology and Dianetics? Was he just a super smart guy who figured it out, or somehow had the knowledge magically implanted in his brain? Or other?
(4) On this week’s episode of Leah’s show, Jackson (Gold Base Security Chief) stated that after he was forced to “sell” his wife on having an abortion during a meter check, he had a “dirty needle.” They briefly state that is something that indicates hidden transgressions. Could you explain this further to this WOG, what would an auditor be looking for to come to the conclusion someone’s needle was dirty?
(5) I overheard something you said about our current President as my wife was listening to an interview you were doing with Karen Pressley. I was surprised that you threw in a barb about Trump; as regardless of Trumps style and personality, etc. it appears Trump is facing and having to deal with a lot of corruption and “professional” politicians from both sides; along with a biased and corrupt media who are no longer journalists. There is a swamp in our country that was supposed to be volunteers who came and served and went back to their respective homes and professions. Minimally, the last 4 administrations have just followed the direction of the swamp and their lobbyists. At least Trump has, and is exposing these pro-politicians for what they are. People that have made a business out of a sacred Trust to the American people and the media are almost the worst of all the swamp creatures. They seem to enjoy stirring the pot of hate and dissension. Like to hear your thoughts.
(6) A lot of Scientologists come from all over the world to work in the Sea Org in America. What happens to their passport once they get in the U.S.? Is it kept from them by Scientology as a way to prevent them from leaving if they want to go home?
(7) Do the senior members encourage staff members to marry other Scientologists?
(8) How literally are the Xenu stories et al taken by average Scientologists? Would you expect a member to likely take them as metaphoric?