The weekly show where I answer viewer questions left in the comments sections of my Q&A videos or sent to me by email at AskChrisShelton@gmail.com. This week, the questions I answer are:
(1) At Scientology international events, it often seems like individual org growth is misrepresented, i.e. “Org A has doubled the number of Clears made” when in reality they may have increased from 1 to 2 Clears made. How do the staff react when they know the truth and can see the facts are being spun in the best possible way? Do you think it leads them to question anything else?
(2) When you add the structure of Scientology, with a single person on the top who must be obeyed at all times, the camps with barbed wire and guards, and the gigantic arrogance that a lot of Scientologists feel towards non-Scientologists, would you say that there is an element of nazism and/or fascism in Scientology?
(3) Was Hubbard a good auditor? It seems like he was always doing conferences but not auditing his followers.
(4) Given all that we know about Hubbard’s teachings regarding LGBT on one hand, and given the fact that there are LGBT people in Scientology (or were, such as Steve Mango), my question is- how do they get treated in the day-to-day life? As public, staff or Sea Org (considering that their sexuality is known in the Church, and excluding PR grounds)? Do they nowadays get treated as class B citizens? Are they being constantly suspected as being “off the rails” more so than heterosexuals?
(5) You say David Miscavige is not after Scientology expansion and is after money, but he doesn’t strike me as someone with an overly luxurious life, at least not compared to an average A-List movie star. He doesn’t have mansions all around the world, he invests his money in new orgs (are those technically his own buildings?). So how much does he personally gain from having all that money instead of working towards expansion? He doesn’t even have children. What’s the point for him to want to have all that money if he’s not really using it for himself? Or is his life more luxurious than it seems and he is actually hanging out by the pool with a dozen girls sipping champagne and eating caviar all day?
(6) Has anyone shown up at the Gold Base or Flag claiming to be the reincarnation of LRH? Do people in Scientology ever ask about it?
(7) Why blue? Why did they paint that huge building blue and not some other color?
(8) Really enjoying your podcast, Are you thinking the twitter poster Alanzo who pens Alanzos blog is really a ghost blog for Marty? It’s almost too obvious to be true, curious about your thoughts.